Join Tharseo for this unique group counselling experience. Different from workshops, group counselling is a space to dive deeper, share personal experiences, and learn new skills. Led by an experienced psychologist, groups can offer a safe and supportive space to take about anxiety.
You will learn:
- cognitive strategies to deal with anxiety
- interpersonal skills to help cope with anxiety
- practical tools to tolerate distress and anxiety
- weekly takeaways and homework
- further resources to explore after the group ends
Why Group Counselling?
- groups can help us feel like we are not alone
- groups can help us learn from other people's experiences
- a group unique to the LGBTQ2SIA+ community can help us share our unique experiences in a safe space
Cost for four weeks: $240 ($60/session as recommended by the Psychology Association of Alberta). Because this is run by a registered psychologist some or all of your costs may be covered by your insurance provider. Contact them to make sure.
Because of the unique group setting, we ask you commit to all four sessions. There is also an intake process to make sure this group is a good fit for you. Please submit the form below to begin this process.
Sessions take place on Monday evenings, from 7:00pm to 8:30pm, at 2632 24 Street SW:
- April 2nd, 2018
- April 9th, 2018
- April 16th, 2018
- April 23rd, 2018