Join Tharseo for this unique group counselling experience. Different from workshops, group counselling is a space to dive deeper, share personal experiences, and learn new skills. Led by an experienced psychologist, groups can offer a safe and supportive space to talk about sexuality.
Why Group Counselling?
- groups can help us feel like we are not alone
- groups can help us learn from other people's experiences
- a group unique to the experiences of sexuality and the church can help us talk deeply about how these messages impact us
Why Intensive Group Therapy Weekends?
- intensive group therapy weekends offers an often time-saving solution for you to spend the weekend focused on yourself
- intensive group therapy weekends are small groups with only 6 to 8 participants
Topics covered include:
- creating your own definition of sexuality and spirituality
- processing messages of shame and sexuality
- processing church jargon and how it impacts us
- defining your sexual boundaries
- communication skills
- navigating relationships
- grief and loss from past experiences
- psychoeducation on birth control options that fit for you
- psychoeducation on anatomy and pleasure
Who is this group appropriate for?
- any women identified folks age 18+
- single, common-law, married, divorced, or widowed
- women who have sexual experiences and women who have none
- women who identify as lgbtq2s or questioning
- women who currently identify with Christian values and want to bring conversations of sexuality into their faith
- women who do not identify as Christian but may have grown up in the church or attending Christian institutions and want to process how these messages impacted past or current relationships, including relationship with self
Cost: $500 for 8 hours of group therapy over the course of the weekend, plus light snacks and beverages throughout the weekend (fees set as recommended by the Psychology Association of Alberta).
This group is run by a registered psychologist therefore some or all of your costs may be covered by your insurance provider. Contact them to make sure.
Because of the unique group setting, I ask you to commit to the entire weekend. There is also an intake process to make sure this group is a good fit for you. Please submit the form below to begin this process.
Sessions take place on the weekend of June 1st to 3rd, 2018 at 2632 24 Street SW:
- Friday, June 1st, 7:00pm to 8:30pm (1.5 hours)
- Saturday, June 2nd, 9:30am to 11:30am (2 hours)
- Saturday, June 2nd, 1:30pm to 3:30pm (2 hours)
- Sunday, June 3rd, 1:30pm to 4:00pm (2.5 hours)
There are much deserved breaks over the weekend including a long lunch break Saturday, Saturday evening, and time for a sleep in or to go to church on Sunday morning.