I am especially interested in topics related to sexuality and spirituality. I also have experience with the following:
- “Coming Out”
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Family Dynamics
- Guilt and Shame
- Grief and Loss
RATE: $190 as recommended by the psychology association of alberta
Sliding Scale: Sliding scale is available and is based on income and those who do not have health benefits. Please contact Jill if you have any questions. In addition, counselling services may be claimed as a tax-deductible health expense on your taxes.
Individual, Couple's, Family
Youth 12+ and Adults
Tharseo offers ongoing workshops in and around the Calgary area. Check out these happenings here.
Workshops can also be tailored to fit an organization/activity. Examples of past workshops include:
- Mental Wellness for Teens (provided in a non-profit space)
- Birds, Bees, and Bibles (sex education for Christians)
- Prayer and Private Parts (how to talk about two taboo subjects: christianity and sexuality)
- Sex, Shame, and the Church
- Time Out (preventing staff burn out and compassion fatigue)
Contact me for more information.
Rate: Please Contact or check out Happenings
Training and Consultation
I’m here because of the core belief that people make better decisions – as individuals, as administrators, as educators – when they’re empowered and informed. And because decisions about spirituality and sexuality are so important, they have to be informed and be owned.
It is my goal to preserve and honor the efforts of educators, leaders, and mentors and their desires to grow safe, healthy communities – and help better empower and inform both young people and adults about how to have and facilitate healthy dialogues about sex and sexuality. My work is based on empowerment, education, and inclusion, rather than secrecy, shame, and guilt. My hope is to empower and educate the leaders in your organization so we can continue to promote healthy sexuality in our society. My programs can also provide a safe place for you to explore your own values in the context of sexuality and spirituality.
Examples of trainings that can be tailored to your organization:
- Staff training on diverse gender and sexual identity language and inclusivity
- Consultation to create safer spaces in your organization, school, or church
- Staff training on other topics regarding sexuality
- Workshops on sexuality for your congregation or parents of children/youth
- Debriefing with staff on topics related to sex and sexuality
Rates: flexible and based on the program - please contact
Why Group Counselling?
Groups can be an incredible way to learn new skills, process things going on in your life, all while connecting and learning from others. Groups help us to feel less alone in our struggles.