Individual, Couple, Family
Youth 12+ and Adults
I am especially interested in topics related to sexuality and spirituality. I also have experience with the following:
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Guilt and Shame
- Grief and LossRelationships (poly positive)
- Life Transitions
- Coming Out
- Disordered Eating
- Family Dynamics
RATE: $200 as recommended by the psychology association of alberta
Sliding Scale: Sliding scale is available and is based on income and those who do not have health benefits. Please contact Jill if you have any questions. In addition, counselling services may be claimed as a tax-deductible health expense on your taxes.
Workshops and Presentations
Tharseo offers ongoing workshops in and around the Calgary area. Check out these happenings here.
Workshops can also be tailored to fit an organization/activity.
Examples of past workshops include:
- Mental Wellness for Teens presented at Girl Force with The Calgary Women's Centre
- Express Yourself (setting boundaries) at Camp Fyrefly
- Body Image and Sexuality presented with The Essence of You Counselling
- Birds, Bees, and Bibles (sex education for Christians)
- Time Out (preventing staff burn out and compassion fatigue)
- Gender and Sexuality at Alberta Health Service's Addictions Treatment team
- Guest Speaker on Sex after Baby with Dr. Sarah Duvall
- Guest Lecturer on Ethics and Sexuality at Providence Theological Seminary
- Sex, Shame, and the Church presented with YYC Campus Ministry during Sex Week at the University of Calgary
- Coping with Change presented at the Calgary John Howard Society
- #MeToo, Consent and the Church presented at McDougall United Church
- Why the Church Should Talk About Sexuality presented at Red Deer Lake United Church
- Gender and Sexual Diversity Training presented at Heart and Mind Yoga
- Prayer and Private Parts (how to talk about two taboo subjects: christianity and sexuality) presented at St. Martin's Anglican Church, Hillhurst United Church and Human RITES Conference
- How Church Culture Impacts Consent Culture presented at the Western Canadian Sexual Health Conference
Contact me for more information.
Rate: Please Contact or check out Happenings
Training and Consultation
I’m here because of the core belief that people make better decisions – as individuals, as administrators, as educators – when they’re empowered and informed. And because decisions about spirituality and sexuality are so important, they have to be informed and be owned.
It is my goal to preserve and honor the efforts of educators, leaders, and mentors and their desires to grow safe, healthy communities – and help better empower and inform both young people and adults about how to have and facilitate healthy dialogues about sex and sexuality. My work is based on empowerment, education, and inclusion, rather than secrecy, shame, and guilt. My hope is to empower and educate the leaders in your organization so we can continue to promote healthy sexuality in our society. My programs can also provide a safe place for you to explore your own values in the context of sexuality and spirituality.
Examples of trainings that can be tailored to your organization:
- Staff training on diverse gender and sexual identity language and inclusivity
- Consultation to create safer spaces in your organization, school, or church
- Staff training on other topics regarding sexuality
- Workshops on sexuality for your congregation or parents of children/youth
- Debriefing with staff on topics related to sex and sexuality
Rates: flexible and based on the program - please contact
Why Group Counselling?
Groups can be an incredible way to learn new skills, process things going on in your life, all while connecting and learning from others. Groups help us to feel less alone in our struggles.
- Intensive Group Therapy Weekend for Women (register here)